This post is dedicated to every girl who works so hard all week while still looking her very best... until the weekend comes.
During the week I love wearing cute outfits and heels to work, until about Thursday. But once the weekend arrives, all I want to do is wear my gym clothes and feel comfortable. However, I really don't feel that pretty when I run errands, go to lunch with friends, etc... Now that is just my outfit. When it comes to my hair or putting makeup on, OMG that is a whole other story. I am lucky if I put concealer on and brush my hair.
Let's take minute and talk about the girls that always look put together no matter what. I am talking about at the gym, grocery stores, disney world for goodness sakes, you name it. I really don't know how girls look good all the time, and I truly applaud them! I wish I could do it, but not only do I have no time to always look good, I have no energy by the weekend, and let's be real, I get LAZY. Don't pretend you have no idea what I am talking about, it can be a lot of work to be us. Why do you think life is so much easier for guys??? They could never do the amount of work we do... different conversation, moving on.
So, throughout my entire life, I tried to figure out a way to "fake it, till I make it". I will be honest ladies, it has been incredibly difficult.
Fortunately, we are finally at a time where it is trendy to wear sneakers, and loose clothing. Which means I am going to give you girls a quick style guide to looking cute on the weekends while still accomplishing our goal of being lazy!
Here we go:
1. Who wants to take the time to wash and blow dry their hair on a Saturday morning when they have a million other things to do? Not me, so throw your hair up in a ponytail.
2. Makeup? Put some concealer and mascara on to open your eyes. When you still look exhausted, that's what sunglasses are for! Don't forget some lip gloss.(I like Mac lip gloss with a tinted color)
3. Personally, I don't like to wear jeans if I don't have to. They can be too tight and when I am having a fat day, jeans are the last thing I want to wear. Now, I know a lot of girls who really love jeans, so again I applaud those girls and carry on. For the girls like me, H&M and Zara have great loose knit dresses that are very inexpensive. Please invest in a few!
4. As I mentioned earlier, sneakers are so cute, pair your outfit with Stan Smith's, Converse, or whatever works for you.
5. Add some accessories such as multiple bracelets or fun necklaces. But don't over do it!
6. Layering is always a good idea. Leather or jean jackets can always be your go-to. Invest in both if possible
Just by following these 6 steps, you are still comfortable and a bit stylish, if I may say so myself.
Tip of The Day: You can wear these knit dresses in various ways. Scarves are super cute, so buy a few printed scarves and wear it with them. Trust me, just by adding a scarf, you enhanced your lazy outfit and you now have style!
My outfit is the other approach. I am wearing a jean jacket from Express, a gold elephant necklace from Anne Taylor (my favorite necklace), a grey knit dress from Zara, Ray Ban sunglasses and Converse kicks.
I hope this helps you during your weekend. It definitely helped me for my shopping day!!!
Let's hear what you think. Please Feel free to comment.
C'est la vie