Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2016

The Rules Are, There Are No Rules

If you know me at all, then you must know that color will always be a topic of conversation. I bore people day in and out about the importance of color and what works with their skin tone. Again, boring for you but so much fun for me! I am going to let you in on a little secret... although color is very important on top, there are no rules when wearing color as a bottom. Woop Woop!  I love loop holes. Please note, if for some reason you do find a rule, throw it out the window... thanks!

Okay, so lets take a scary color like orange. I personally love orange; it is so vibrant and full of life. Orange also happens to be a good color on my warm skin tone; sorry, not sorry. Unfortunately, cool skin tones tend to look washed out when wearing orange on top. This is just one reason why many people are scared of this color, and I don't blame you. But you don't have to be scared anymore.
Here is just one way to wear it. I paired a fun orange skirt from Zara, pockets included (because who doesn't love pockets??), with a simple white crop top and a turquoise necklace. Just to add a little more flavor, I wore my favorite Stan Smiths. Today was a more casual day, but if I were going to brunch or a daytime event, I would either wear this outfit with nude wedges or a nude pointy toe pump. 

Tip of the Day: Pointy toe pumps make your legs look longer... wedges have the opposite affect. If you need help deciding, feel free to post a comment.

Whatever you do, remember to always have fun in orange!
C'est la vie

6 comments:

  1. OMG thank you so much for this tip. My wardrobe is filled with mostly neutrals..this gives me more confidence to try on a little color at least on the bottom..And I would've never thought to pair a skirt with those shoes..As a mom, I am always trying to find ways to look fun but comfy shoes are a must when you're running around a toddler. I am definitely going to try your color trick with those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever have questions about pairing pops of colors, please let me know. As a mom, utilizing the sneaker trend will definitely be a benefit for you. You can be comfortable and look trendy. :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are so fun, love that colour
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete